Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartunemans gallery

thanks Geoff and Just jean My wife wants me to do a series of this lil guy lol she says he is to cute lol I've never done or pulled off cute to well before lol glad you all like it.

I'm so glad to enjoy Your latest marvels too, dear mate! Yo have all my admiration for Your creativity and masterful execution!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

nice capture of face and expression

nice capture of face and expression

John, this is so magnificent, so glad you are on the mend and congrats, you deserve it as your art is so wonderful and a pleasure to view

Thank you Caeser, Pat and asahiart thank you all for you comments well here is my latest addition just a place in mind. it was cold here and I was paint where I wanted to be.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BG for Woodland elf fishing full color finished.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	271.7 KB 
ID:	72648

Perfectly idyllic and peaceful.

But being the artist at the level you are, I will make a comment about the fallen tree relative to the falls. You may want to separate them apart some. The fallen tree spanning the water looks on one hand like the water is falling behind it, and on the other owing to the values and placement of the value changes, looks like the water's falling on it (though not splashing which of course it's not) and it sort of confuses the depth in that area of overlap.

Might be that the lighting could be changed on the log to where more of it is being hit by light across the top to the left of the falls rather than having the shadow stopping the light right at the same place where the falls end. The light in that center area are doing a sort of Escher. They're, by coincidence, connecting. Might run a top light along the top side of the log to separate it and let it come forward. Just a thought.

Other than that I love it. It's a place I would love to be too. The palette, theme and details are great!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

The little guy is adorable John, the scenes, magical...always beautiful work!

John, so good to learn that you are on the mend and attending "art therapy". It is always a distinct pleasure to view your works. Take care and listen to your wife.

This would be a perfect place to sit and relax John so off you go and get fit and well
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307