Page 25 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron's ArtRage Explorations

Thanks Eddie. It was good of you to warn AT-TA; full disclosure is always best.

And thanks for the awesome feedback. After a lot of looking, I'm settled that my preference (Rosy concurs) is the first of the two posts, though I'm happy with both. These were complicated because they were meticulous builds that required thinking through to get the effects I wanted. Thank heaven for "undo". AND, it's a bit of fun if you like puzzles, because building them is a bit like solving puzzles (at least for me). There are few if any happy accidents here - on the whole everything is deliberate with a LOT of trial and error to get from A to Z. Getting there is a heck of a lot easier in AR3 though. The tools are so much more flexible with a much greater variety of desired outputs.

You weren't supposed to see the peep hole. You must have had your nose in REALLY close.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 01-02-2010 at 10:29 PM.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

Hi Byroncallas your imagination is great your paintings are wonderful and full of colors Happy new Year to you
    Visit my website here

I am always willing to get lost inside your paintings, and the last one was no exception, like being lost in a shiny candystore on steroids, but I also am finding myself frequently lost in this long thread--always thinking "did I miss a painting back in there?". But I am easily confused!
    No or few "happy accidents"? That shows how much you have mastered this program, more than I think anyone so far, and I want to congrat you on that.
    ( But I love and depend on H.A.s and would kind of miss them too).
    I have a business idea for you--set up a workshop for Artrage3 in some tropic locale in the winter and have a few guest teachers in say Realism or other topics you do not delve into, hire someone to make Margaritas and I think quite a few of us would lay the money down for the experience.
    Not joking. Think about it!
    "If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob in Denver View Post
    I am always willing to get lost inside your paintings, and the last one was no exception, like being lost in a shiny candystore on steroids, but I also am finding myself frequently lost in this long thread--always thinking "did I miss a painting back in there?". But I am easily confused!
    No or few "happy accidents"? That shows how much you have mastered this program, more than I think anyone so far, and I want to congrat you on that.
    ( But I love and depend on H.A.s and would kind of miss them too).
    I have a business idea for you--set up a workshop for Artrage3 in some tropic locale in the winter and have a few guest teachers in say Realism or other topics you do not delve into, hire someone to make Margaritas and I think quite a few of us would lay the money down for the experience.
    Not joking. Think about it!
    Sabena, thanks so much, makes my day. And happy new year to you too.

Rob: I don't want to give the wrong impression. I work with happy accidents all the time and am grateful for them. A lot of my paintings I assure you are purely happy accidents. Sometimes those happy accidents are discoveries where I learn "Oh, you can do THIS with a particular tool", and then it becomes part of the intentional arsenal - I'm sure true for all of us. It is just in this case I had goals with an intent to work through to them, in part to achieve the visual goal(in this case two goals), and in part to further understand how to get some certain specific results out of the software.

I assure you I'm no master of this software. I've barely scratched the surface. I remain in awe of the works I see others produce and will spend half a day scratching my head trying to figure out how the heck somebody did what they did. I've maybe got my little niche, but it is such a small one in such a big, rich world both of what the software can do and what other artists can do with it. Mostly I wander through the forum with my jaw dropped thoroughly amazed at the creations of everyone here, while being inspired as we all evolve our skills and share them through our latest creative efforts. And besides all that, it's just fun.

Thanks my good friend. I love it when you come and visit.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 01-03-2010 at 09:47 AM.

Dear Byron, for instance, the daily newspaper, maybe the first thing you want to read is the front page headlines, you want to read the whole paper so that nothing is missed, but , sometimes, well, love looking at your AR3 headlines, not to be missed and as always a revealation for the new AR3 application, fun and fancy and instructional, the MOARA galleries too, terrific!!! don't always get a chance to comment but thanks for the good job!!! these are wonderful!!!

Lee, thanks ever so very much, much appreciate your dropping by and leaving a few thoughtful words. Be well, and happy new year.

This Thread Going Forward

Hi All,

I've received several private messages saying this thread has gotten so big that people are missing some of the paintings buried in it, especially new entries. Some have asked if I'd also post new paintings in separate threads. So beginning with this painting I'll start posting paintings in separate threads but also add them to this thread as a single location to house all my purely AR3 paintings.

With each post here I'll provide, for discussion, the link to it for whichever other forum section the image is also posted

I will keep this thread alive as a personal archive. I guess it's become a labor of love so I'd like to keep playing in it for a while. Thanks everyone for your frequent visits and encouragement. I hope you'll come back frequently to see what's new.

So, following is the first painting also posted in the gallery section. The discussion thread is at: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=25792. This one is a very simple exercise just practicing with the settings in the fill tool and dealing with the white pixels you can sometimes get where edges butt. While really just an exercise, I liked how it looked so decided to post it.

Again, thanks a billion everyone, and in case I missed anyone on Happy New Year's wishes, HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fill Tool Games d-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	454.1 KB 
ID:	39081  
    Last edited by byroncallas; 01-04-2010 at 05:06 AM. Reason: seplling

Dear Byron, you surely should be on the AR PR Board of Directors! and this one needs a title, how about Washington Crossing the Delaware?
    Last edited by Lee; 01-04-2010 at 04:48 AM.

Hi,

Wow, what a wonderful color! Love them all, my favorite is the first one, please tell how do you achieve such clear colors?

As you know digital painting is very new to me, I have a problem of color blending in places where I don't want it to be, that is why my question on color. So far I have tried only oil painting.

Thanks,

Jasminek

Well, I am glad that you're keeping this thread alive, Bryon because I was aware that you were continuing to post new works here and made the effort to check this thread every few days or so. I like the idea that they are all in one thread and not all over the gallery. But, with the way people are posting new threads every few minutes it seems, this continuing thread gets moved quickly to the back pages! We have a lot of new people that joined this forum as well as inactive members coming back due to AR3 so this has really become a "lively" place the last few weeks!!! I can only hope that the next project for our wondrous Rager guys is a more updated version of this forum's software to accommodate having a larger number of posts per page (I have mine set to max#!!!) so individuals don't have to go to back pages for newly posted threads. All in good time I guess!