Hello. I've been a happy ArtRage user for nearly three years now, but in recent months, my experiences with ArtRage Vitae have been becoming more and more frustrating, especially after upgrading my iMac to Mac OS Sonoma last fall.

When the problems started, it was unusual pen lag when drawing on the canvas without moving the canvas for a while, with the lag going away once you moved the canvas to a new position. There is strange color darkening underneath the cursor, most visible on solid colors like green or blue. These weird cursor glitches also go away once you move the canvas.

However, within the last few days, ARV has become more and more unstable to the point where I can't even use it for more than five minutes without a random crash happening. There is no set pattern to these crashes. A good example is the selection tool. I use the selection tool to highlight some line art I want to reposition using the "Transform Layer Contents" tool. I can select and transform initially, but when I hit the Okay button in the Transform dialog box, ARV instantly crashes. But when I tested out the same method using a blank canvas instead of my WIP, the transform tool worked fine without crashing, and it stayed that way when I used the same tool in my WIP file.

But then other random crashes started happening. After using ARV for around five minutes or so with ample amount of drawing, the app will start crashing whenever I try to do simple tasks like selecting a new color from my palette, or hiding/showing a layer, or when attempting to use the flood fill tool.

Whenever a crash happens, the error report always says EXEC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV), but other than that, the error report is far too complex and technical for me to figure out what exactly is causing ARV to crash with simple tool functions.

My Mac is a 2020-year iMac, 27'', with six-core Intel Core i5 processor, Radeon Pro 5300 with 4GB VRAM, and 16GB system memory. Mac OS is Sonoma 14.4.

For any Mac users who are also on Sonoma, are you also experiencing weird glitches, bugs, and crashes as of late, especially after updating to Sonoma 14.4? And is there an app update on the way that will address these bugs, or some way I can reset the ARV app as an additional troubleshooting step? I've already tried restarting my Mac, and shutting it down completely and powering back on cold.