Thread: Had to stolp multithreading - has there been an update?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Perendale View Post
    AAAAARRGGGHHH! Huge pen lag is back in spades. Toggling off multithreading cures it. Yes I just updated Sonoma again! When will I learn. I'll continue as I am until the next update
    Brett
    Sorry to hear that!
    The more I hear about Sonoma, both here and on other forums, the happier I am that my hardware can’t actually run it!
    Ventura was the last OS that I can run on my hardware, of which I have a copy on a separate SSD.
    I’ve never really understood Apple’s drive to constantly put out a new OS every year? In which, with each iteration, users are locked out of more and more of their own system?
    Yes, each new OS generally has some good ideas in it to commend them, but for me since Catalina, the Cons of upgrading my production OS have outweighed the Pros for now.
    It must also be a nightmare for small app developers too who perhaps don’t have the resources to throw at rewriting their apps every year just to try and keep up with Apple!
    Last edited by markw; 04-09-2024 at 09:57 PM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

The trouble is of my own making. I love being on the bleeding edge, I love it when things break and I get to fix them. I take after my father who loved being an ER doctor. I started, owned and ran and ISP for about ten years beginning in 1991 when everything was on the command line and gopher was cool! But we were always on the edge! It was good fun! It still is IMO . But it’s really time to settle down - a bit!
    "You do not suffer because things are impermanent. You suffer because things are impermanent and you think they are permanent." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

Tech stuff: 24" iMac M1: Wacom Intuos Pro L: iPad Pro 12.9"