Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frosted_forest.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	370.0 KB 
ID:	103346
A Frosted Forest - semi-abstract sketching exercise with watercolor, gloop pen, glitter, and inking pen tools to show some of the scanned samples in action

my plans for the rest of the month got reshuffled a bit, so here we go - 20 new paint wash scans to enhance your watercolor process with artrage tools

🎨🖌💦 download here

those are mostly very large images, averaging between 4 and 6 thousand pixels wide, and they can be scaled up even more once placed inside of an artrage document

there’s a lot of crisp paper texture (which sort of was the point), and a lot of captured pigment detail all around, but some of those are done on pretty texture-neutral paper, too.

painting tip # 1:

stack stencils for even more variety, see image:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	103347

when using large stencils that overlay the screen, pull up the canvas positioner tool, it will make things like panning canvas around easier - when stencils get too big, you can't use the "space" shortcut over the canvas area occupied by the red stencil boundary.

painting tip # 2:

if you are painting with the watercolor tool in wet mode, I recommend using low thinner values (0-20 %) and high pigment load (70 - 100 %), but if you’re using dry watercolor brush setting, the reverse proportion (under 20 % loading and 60 - 80 % thinner values, or higher) would look more natural.

I still can't believe how fast stencils are from performance standpoint. I hope they'll enhance your painting experience, and will help you create more organic looking art easier and faster.