Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Store For Vitae

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi June,

thanks for your reply. I have found that link, but it doesn't offer any more information than the discount price and - unfortunately - the time limit, which is definitly a drawback towards the former practice for me. I don't think that I will afford to buy it till 31 August. And as I upgraded to ArtRage 5 and 6 there were no time limits, as far as I remember. Verry annoying! And I still don't know how it works to tell the MS Store that I am already an ArtRage-User. Do they ask for it?

Andy did say in the email that the special deal was until Aug.31 so I don't know why "47 days left" is shown.
    I think the "47 days left" are related to the introductory offer of the Microsoft Store, not to the uprade discount.

As I understand it AR6 will be supported but no upgrades as ARV is the new AR7.
    I would be surprised about former updates for ArtRage 6, because there haven't been any for a verry long time. As I said, since I bought it some month after release, there wasn't any updates, as far as I remember. And after the release of ArtRage 6, there were no more updates for ArtRage 5. The same after the upgrade from 4 to 5, if I remember rightly.

I am not verry optimistic about my future with ArtRage at the moment.

Hi Somerset,
    I don't think there is a further discount. I thought the 50% discount was for existing AR users? There will be no discount for purchases after Aug.31. As for AR6 upgrades - there won't be any. Think of ARV as AR7. There were no further upgrades for AR5 when AR6 was released. Andy did say AR6 would be supported for some time. I don't know what that entails. I admit it has been confusing.

You will still be able to use AR6. I will stay with the programme as it fits my needs. My introduction to AR was with an installation disc that came with my Bamboo One many years ago. I think it was ArtRage 2.5.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Hi June!

Yes, it seems that I would have to pay the full price after 31. August. Might have to do with the Store. Don't know. But I think that is a really bad trend. I have ever been verry satisfied with ArtRage. And of course I will keep on using ArtRage 6 till I find something better. But I don't think that I will purchase future versions of ArtRage under these circumstances. Even the step from AR 5 to 6 wasn't really a big progress, there wasn't any updates since october 2019 and now this store-thing and time limits for upgrade discounts. Think that's no longer attractive for me. However, I had some good conversations here on the forum, and I enjoyed your beautiful animal paintings. Thanks for that and all the best for the future.

Tbh I did upgrade becouse it was on sale in a trusted store. I would even have preferd to get it on steam again. But MS Store is ok too i guess.
    I dislike the website Key option. Since you are in the hand of the developer alone that has better to do then to distribute the product.
    Have lost games this way ... (Condor Fight sim)

I agree with those complaining about Microsoft Store. Buying the ArtRage upgrade was my worst online shopping experience for 20 years or more. It took an age to do and eventually I was charged twice. I only want one licensed copy. I tried phoning Microsoft but it was like talking to a brick wall. I am now trying to get a refund from my credit card provider.

ARTRAGE: If you want to save your business, use another vendor because I will never buy anything from Microsoft Store again.

Don't like the store

I want to voice my opinion here too and say I'm disappointed with the MS store. I feel I don't own the software anymore, but rent it from Microsoft. I understand this being the easier option as a business, but it sure rubs me the wrong way personally. ArtRage is lovely, everything about purchasing it is not.

I upgraded last night from AR6 to ARV. Just to offer the alternative experience, it was all butter-smooth stuff and ARV rebooted with my papers and custom brushes all intact.

Peter

I would also like to say that I had a very smooth experience, I tend to have a habit of frequently reinstalling my operating systems so this option makes my life much easier. It is disappointing that I can't now use the latest version on linux now but hey ho!

It's not just you The serial number download version is much more appreciated

As far as I can tell, this is the last thread posted to by an Art Rage employee.

What a shame...
    Robert Hopkins