Thread: I love the software and I have a few suggestions and bugs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by a_dt View Post
    "But unfortunately, you couldn't import multiple layers because the entire document would overwrite/conflict with the settings for the previous document (e.g. canvas size)."

I know this is old, but now as we are in AR6, is it possible to import several png files which have the same setting as the painting .ptg file, import them as a new group of layers?
    hi a_dt,

artrage has been updated to version 7 (artrage vitae) this year.
    I don't think it included any improvements that would allow for what you're requesting here, so if you are on artrage 6 now, you should be able to open several .png files at once from inside of the app, and copy and paste each one of them into an empty group created in your painting document for that purpose. generally speaking, you're requesting a very niche feature which I don't see mentioned very often on these boards, as well with support portals for other apps I use alongside, so I think the chances it will arrive as described are quite low.

Also, possible to export a whole group (defined as group in the .ptg file) of layers at the same time as png-files?
    no, it's not there either. export your layered file as .psd, and export all those particular layers as .pngs from any other image editing app.

Or as a suggestion for the next version?
    the release cycle for artrage vitae has just started this august, and I believe AR team has work to do with the code upgrades, and whatever other features might be in works quietly, so I'm not sure if it's realistic to anticipate this being added.
    Last edited by nekomata; 11-15-2021 at 09:12 AM. Reason: grmmr