Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoann Lori - Caricatures and else

You're caricatures are amazing. If I can make a comparison with comedians who do impersonations on stage of celebrities, this reminds me a of that.

For as long as I can remember, from when I was a boy watching the many television variety shows that were popular when I was growing up, clever impressionists were always my favorite acts. I found myself pulled in to a vision and wanting to play along with my own attempts at doing John Wayne or James Cagney. I was way more passive watching acrobats or musical bands or even most stand-up comics.

The stand-up comics that I did marvel at were the ones who in some way exaggerated real life where they pointed out something which they often exaggerated until it became disproportionately large and when done right was hysterical. But great impressionists were consistently my favorite.

Very clever what you do. You create a game for us, of playing with perception. It's in the category which goes with making faces to get a child to chuckle. . . It's sort of a very early game we experienced in life, only owing to the level you've taken it to, for the adult it taps into that playfulness that was more accessible as a child. Very cool.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks a lot Caesar ! I had a really hard time caricaturing women when I starting practicing that 'art', but the more you try and the easier it gets !

Thank you very much Eighty + ! I'm glad my work inspires you !

D Akey : Thanks a lot for this comment ! I'm glad my work can bring this kind of feelings !

Here is an image showing the references I used for my latest caricature.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lena_Headey_refs.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	194.2 KB 
ID:	87758

Good to see how You work, as for Your references. I guess a good enough resolution may be helpful too, but You cannot find hi-rel pictures on the web sometimes ... so I'm sure Your expertise plays a major role too to fille the "gaps". The greatest skill You have, I think, is possibly the way you set up an extreme, but still fully ccredible and resembling distortion of face and expression.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hi Yoann I meant to ask you Do you Portrait Work as looking at Caricaturing and the detail U would be at ease Doing them and have plenty of Clients ok CIAO

You have any Youtubes Yoann? WOuld love to see you teach a bit of these skills you have acquired!

Wow! Thanks for posting the elements from which you composited your own image. Very clever. The surgery was successful, doctor. Well played!

I find it intriguing which palette you chose. That's a bit of a stretch for you, or is it? Didn't you use the photos in the past as palettes? These are quite diverse and seems to have added another element of skill to make it feel as if they were all from the same source photo. Really skillful. It's always a treat to see the process and the thinking that went into any given successful painting. And yours are consistently quite successful.

Last edited by D Akey; 10-08-2015 at 12:28 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Looks like I missed all of your messages ... :/

Caesar : Thanks a lot ! I did find some Hi res pictures that helped a lot ! Hopefully, there are more of them nowadays

eighty+ : I do portraits from time to time when I'm asked, but I prefer by far doing caricatures !

BushcraftOnFire : I do have a Youtube channel. As a matter of fact I'll post a video of Lena Headey in this very comment ! But my videos are just timelapses. Nothing is really explained. I've been asked several times to do tutorials. I guess I'll have to do one in the future !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnR...B7Vh_FA/videos

D Akey : I mix different references from time to time. In these cases, I choose only one of the photos as a palette. In the case of Lena Headey, it is the one I used for the body (the one that is seen in the video) That's a bit harder because I have to think about how the light works with volumes that are not in the original pictures.

Thank You, dear Yoann! I enjoyed very much Your movie and observed You work with the tonal palette on each hue. I cannot appreciate very well if You make recourse also to stickers or other features and all the tools You use, but I'll give a slower and more accurate look nextly to learn from whatever I can spot.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

The airbrush tool is the only tool I use ... for now !

Joann, do you print your work? What is the size and ppi of the canvases you make in Artrage? I'm looking for that optimal size.

I got some answers in the tips and tricks section where I asked about giclee printing.

https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...ogging-down-AR

But since you look like you probably print owing to the demand for your work I would guess, I'm curious about what size and ppi you're working at.