Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoann Lori - Caricatures and else

Your technique, as ever, is flawless. I always wonder if the people you caricature could ever be offended by making them look grotesque. At the same time, these are brilliant exaggerations and distortions that very much resemble the subject. It's very strange to look at. But you're so darn good at it. I was going to be doing a caricature of my mom and step-dad, but I'm a little leery of possibly offending them, and that would be the last thing I would ever want to do. Have you ever considered the subject not liking how you were to make them look?

Anyway, what can I say. These are super.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks a lot for your comment D Akey !

For this particular one, I had a brief moment of hesitation before start, but I figured he would probably want to be treated like the rest of the cast.
    If celebrities happened to see my caricatures about them, I'm pretty sure some of them won't like it, even if I'm trying not to be mean to the subject when I draw. This might seem weird to you but I don't make them for others to laugh about it. When I draw them I'm only trying to show what is unique about each of them so I just make their specific features more visible.
    I know these caricature will make some laugh and I'm happy about it but it is not my first motivation.
    About what celebs can think about their caricatures, I will add that self mockery is something everyone should understand, but I understand it may not be easy sometimes.
    I personally love to see my face distorted.

I know there's a lot of work and skills in each of this masterpiece and if there's one single reason why I would never even get close to Your quality, dear friend, it's because of the patience and process care You certainly use and display (to tell the truth my shortcomings are more than just those ones looking at Your artpieces LOL). So congratulations for Your unattainable mastery and artistic talent once more and for sharing .
    As for liking or not or getting offended by a caricature topic, as introduced by DAkey, I must say that I may perhaps understand a caricature may bother a little someone's self-esteem or even be surreptitiously provocative when such an expression of freedom has a content of petty teasing or degrading with reference to the human respect always due to the "victim", i.e. for sheer wickedness (which is not at all and never the case here), but generally people who keeps stiff and doesn't appreciate are quite narcissistic ones. Anyway, rather than look childishly offended, we'd better make recourse to a most used trick, that of saying that likeness is poor even when it's quite evident to anyone else the contrary (deny evidence strategy). The most narcissistic person are absolutely successful at that.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...
    You are a really master in this jobs...
    Congratulations.
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Wow!! what can I say, Brilliant for 1. I wish I had your talent, I am hopeless at drawing the human form. Welcolm and I hope you will let us share your wonderful talent for long into the future.Best wishes Jo xx

a pure pleasure to view your art, YoannLori . Keep them coming

Great work Yoann.. I saw these on FB yesterday and wanted to comment.. but my computer was acting up.. LOL! You are an inspiration to me (and have been for a long while) in the area of caricatures.. Well done!!

Lena Headey

Thanks for your comment Caesar. I totally agree with you !

damasocl : Thank you very much !

JOSEPHINE.EARP : Thanks a lot ! Hours and hours of works were needed before I could draw like I do and, to my point of view, there is still room for improvment. If drawing the human figure is what you want, you have to keep practicing. Never give up !

justjean : Thanks a lot !

BushCraftOnFire : Thanks a lot for this comment !!! Really glad that you enjoy my work ! If you follow me on facebook, then you have already seen the one I'm about to show!

Today's caricature is the one of Lena Headey as Cersei in the tv show Game of Thrones.
    This one is a combination of no less than 6 different references. Done with ArtRage in about 11 hours. I'm pretty happy with the result, so let's hope you'll like it too !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lena_Headey_YoY_1200.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	87745

This one really gives us the measure of Your talent! A nice lady is harder to turn into a resembling caricature, but make what is a top beauty in the Game of Thrones series look almost by proper distortion and emphasising her expression is sheer genius!
    Last edited by Caesar; 10-06-2015 at 03:16 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hi Yoann tis I Eighty Ploos I've saved the last 3 I will try Charlie Dance but will be dodgy on the colour ok the over two just to look at congrats

Fantastic work CIAO HASTA LA VISTA IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE ......................POZDRAWSKI