Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoann Lori - Caricatures and else

Fantastic as always, dear Yoann, although I'm not really familiar with this guy. I cannot guess the eyes' owner, maybe I'n not familiar with that guy neither, but they're characteristic for sure.

As for the murdered caricaturists You are going to give the best tribute with Your top class artpieces, I'm sure, and I'm already clapping my hands to You in advance (and them of course). I reacted too immediately with my humble vignette and skills to join these defenders of freedom, of universal rights and brothers in our common European homeland too many people are today interested to tear in bits and pieces by destroying solidarity, noble principles and values and any vision and hope which cannot be turned into a limited, egoistic, nationalistic, short-term and short-sighted economic and financial return. Let's get more and more European and global with any positive value we can be pride of and against barbarities of any kind however disguised they are.

Finally the "ArtRagers" were absolutely right to feature such a great professional artist as You in the website and I'm therefore more and more honored to be part of a "family" which can boast members like you and Your predecessors on the website.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Tom Cruise eyes???

Quote Originally Posted by YoannLori View Post
    Its been a while sine I last posted here.

I don't have many works to show for now. Just a Jimmy Kimmel and some eyes belonging to someone you'll have to guess. Here they are :

(image of Jimmy Kimmel in original post)

Attachment 85086

I won't continue this caricature for now because I'd like to draw something else first. I was in shock when I heard what happened in my country last Wednesday... I just couldn't believe it. Five cartoonists and seven more people had been killed for having published drawings a few years ago ... drawings !!!! How is that even possible ?
    (...)

After that said, this will seem a bit out of context but I also wanted you to know that The ArtRage team contacted me a few weeks ago because they wanted my work to be featured on the website. The interview is now online here : http://www.artrage.com/artist-feature-yoann-lori/
    I'll honestly say that I completely forgot about it due to the recent events but this brought me a breath of fresh air.

Yoann (Je suis Charlie)
    Yoann! Oh what an amazing thread, such awesome drawings of yours!! Thank you, very much so, for sharing your punching artwork with us. I've taken a look at your featured interview before even seeing your thread: another delight!

I grew up watching Louis de Funès movies. Oh how you capture all his essence, every little bit of it, especially since his persona is quite a caricature in itself. Ditto with the other characters: you bull's'eye on their essence and render masterful caricature.

What a knack for detail and texture, lighting and color too.

Will look forward to your hommage to the Charlie Hebdo artists.

Oh and those eyes.... hmmm, Tom Cruise???

Yes, it's a horrible thing. I strongly empathize with your attitude in light of those very brutal actions.

Your work as ever is very elegant and polished. And it will doubtless maintain its high standard no matter the surrounding worldly digressions pulling your focus into less humorous areas. My sympathies to your country and countrymen.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

love your work. very professional and polished and they look like the people. to me that is the highest compliment to the caricature artist is recognizing the person and the polished techniques of portraiture. beautiful, stunning work.

Caesar, Rachelle, D-Akey and screenpainter : Thank you all so much for your comments !!! Sorry for the very late answer but I've been really busy with my new piece. as promised, it is a caricature showing all five artists who were killed the 7th of january.

So here is Tignous, Cabu, Honoré, Wolinski and Charb.

PS: the eyes in the previous post are Jack Gleeson's eyes who plays the horrible king in the Game of Thrones tv show.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Charlie Hebdo_YoY_1200.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	85500

Wow what an amazing painting of the 5. Terrible what happened. There was a thread about it started here during that week. That ideology is the scourge of the earth

They all seemed amiable people @ charlie hebdo:
    http://youtu.be/BHE-CVE1zJA
    Last edited by hildee; 02-13-2015 at 11:13 AM.

Phenomenal portraits. They really come across as real, living people, which brings home the criminality of the murders.

I have not seen enough of Game of Thrones to know one fellow's eyes from the next. But they're great eyes. Surprisingly compassionate in appearance for a bloodthirsty tyrant. I was thinking more the look of Paul McCartney.

Well, I was not the casting director for GOT and don't know whether when you pull back and show more of his face he doesn't have some viscera dripping from his teeth, which would probably sell the aggressive, predatory tone a bit more than those pet store puppy eyes.

You're an amazing portraitist.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Man. What an awesome painting. Was this a commissioned piece?

Can I save it as my desktop image?

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

The best tribute to this bunch of heroic artist who went on stating their right to critizice anything they felt wrong by means of satire showing the comicity and the grotesque, the Goya's monsters, possibly hiding in all the dark souls of ignorant, violent or evil peiople, as well as the hypocrisy cloak and the solemn absurdities often concealing the worst inhuman attitudes and behaviours.
    Having said that, we cannot but immensely admire the highly professional and artistic outcome You was so kind to share here!
    Up with the pencils, dear mates, and lets shoot and bury idiot thugs of any kind, religiously or differently fanatic, unable to compete with the intelligence and culture out of their own poor and empty mind, but only with coward use of weapons, as well as their devilish mandators.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hildee : Thank you very much ! I totally agree with you.

D Akey : Thanks for your highly appreciated comment my friend ! About Jack gleeson, I can assure you he is perfect in the role !

Victor Osaka : Thanks a lot ! This wasn't commisioned. I actually felt like I had to pay those guys tribute the way I know best. And for the desktop image, you are welcome to do so.

Caesar : Thanks a bunch my friend ! I couldn't have said better !