Page 64 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

Yes. She looks very sweet and the paint looks nice and buttery. The bright colors and lighting lend a quality as if when she walks into a room, the place lights up, faces brighten and joy abounds because the goddess has graced us with her presence. Super painting.

One of the things I find successful is the ratio of purposeful portrait painting to the flashy decorative stylistic marks used as effects. It's as if you've been experimenting with seasonings for a meal and hit on a way in which the seasoning brings out the natural flavor of the meat and vegetables rather than the seasonings drawing so much attention to themselves.

And of course continuing with the food analogy, one seasons to please their palette. Sometimes subtle is good. Other times something strong is called for.

Steve has something there. It does have a bit of a 1940s feel, which I've always been crazy about as a period for illustration. Straight away seeing that style for a beautiful lady, it gives a movie starlet from the days of the big studios -- that glamorous actress ambiance.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

your last two Avrils and particularly the last one shows a great evolution of your style. that are wonderful. love the free flowing brushstrokes that you have evolved to with all your practice. I really think you have something remarkable to cash in on with the expressive brushwork and color. love the latest Rhianna portrait also at the top of the page.

She is certainly fresh and lovely Andrea! Beautifully confident brushstrokes.

Another wonderful portrait AndreaMG ,well painted !

Some of my summer paintings ^^

Thank you so much guys for your comments and support!

Hope eveyone is ok. Here below some of the paintings I did while on vacation with my laptop. I used the new 64bit Artrage and the grid function.

Ellen Page

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ellen Page.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	251.6 KB 
ID:	82762

Jamie Chung

Name:	Jamie Chung.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	476.2 KB 
ID:	82876

Lily Collins

Name:	Lily Collins.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	337.4 KB 
ID:	82877

Natalie Portman

Name:	Natalie Portman.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	406.3 KB 
ID:	82763
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 09-07-2014 at 10:29 PM.
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Dear Andrea.....Beautiful set of summer paintings.....Hoping you enjoyed your time off, these painting kind of tell me you did!
    Good to have you back.....Absolutely find the Natalie painting fantastic!!!
    Take care friend,
    Steve

What a collection of beautiful fresh ladies Andrea! I'm not sure which one is my favourite, they all so good. Maybe Natalie Portman .......

Fantastic!!!!!!

Really wonderful paintings all.

Welcome back. When you disappeared, I was wondering what happened. Caesar also took off. Was hoping it wasn't Mt. Etna or Vesuvius belching fire and smoke as in the days of old that had you guys making a mad dash to the Dolomites or something.

Good to see you back. And very good to see these beautiful pics. Still evolving, but it looks like you have walked away with some really cool tricks from all your experiments while you were here. I think vacationing suits you.

Yeah, that Natalie Portman one is extraordinary. But they're all brilliant.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Great to have you back in action here Andrea, love the freshness of this new work, the N Portman is also my favorite ( I love all the texturing and brushwork ) although they are all distinctive and BRILLIANT!..

Really love your style, especially the Natalie Portman picture , the way you mix colour that is awesome