Page 929 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 42982987991992792892993093193997910291429 ... LastLast
Results 9,281 to 9,290 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Definitely all Dominikos Theotokopoulos' (alias El Greco) paintings this time (the young painter actually was probably his own son). It's evident they really fit your unconventional personality and you performed well!
    I'm impressed by Your exquisite taste here. You chose an artist who was far in advance of his age in some of his more extravagant masterpieces and figures. It' impressive to realize that, to a remarkable extent, Cezanne, cubism and expressionism was anticipated by him, in my opinion. Born in Candia (Crete) then under Venetian domain, he soon went and refined his art in Venice. It's quite evident also in his powerful colors and his twisted figures the effect of the great Venetian painting school influence, with its absolute top ranking masters and of Tintoretto in particular in my opinion. He then became the supreme painter in Spain and added his really unique personality and original style to art history (and to all Spanish painting history thereafter) in a period where visionnaires and freedom of expression outside of canons were not what artists could usually look for to earn money for living. So "chapeau!".
    Last edited by Caesar; 02-24-2015 at 12:35 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Thanks But had to leave EL Greko as too many Bible Scenes ok may go

back later ! but I've just found Ronnie Wood which looks like a lot of Fun Ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS

STATTE BBUONO..Si....SI .......HOO ROO ......POZDRAWSKI

OK a quick Smash with Ronnie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ronnie    S.P      FINN.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	85634  

Hi JIMI by RONNIE WOOD ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS ............POZDRAWSKI

Name:	JIMI    BY    Ronnie     my copy    Finn.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	85635  

Blimey look at the time ciao good night ivaya con dios

Name:	Ronnie   Wood        S.P      My   Copy        FINN.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	85642  

WOWEEEE! This last one is superlative indeed! What a personal style and what subject expressivity! A masterpiece of modern style portrait!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Again, I find myself concurring with my distinguished colleague from 'Il Bagagliaio'.

I think Ronnie Wood would be flattered to the high heavens by this very stout portrait. He looks a little like an action hero or older male model with that solid jaw. Anyway, good stuff Mr Ploos. I really like the jeans. Just enough info to show form in the folds and such.

Jimi. . .I looked up Mr Wood's version and it's kinda interpretive to begin with. And then you copying that. It's rather like the boy scout camp game called "Message to Garcia" in which one person whispers something to someone, and they tell someone else and then they in turn tell yet another person on and on, and then by the time it's gone around the room, you compare it with what was originally said, and it's often amusing how it's corrupted. I think the problem is painting the spots of color etc you see and not using what you know to hold it together.

Great work lad on the two Ronnies.

Posedrawski. y ¡Vaya con simpatía por el diablo! (sympathy for the devil)
    Last edited by D Akey; 02-24-2015 at 11:33 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hail O Caesar. O Mighty One. ....... Cap'n. Mac. Thanks just up. As that painting of Ronnie. Took

Some hours but looking at it now. I'm. Not happy with his right eye ok. As for Jimi. Yes for some reason.

I started drawing . At the top of his guitar Then like Mac said I juggled the pieces together. To

Try.to make it all fit Hoping the colour would bine it all together I think it was smashing the

First one of his head got me carried away on Jimi. Sorry will try to be more carefull. Funny I

Never knew that Ronnie was an artist till know. Ok. Time for cornflakes and banana. CIAO

To you both thanks again for helping me along my bumpe road. STATTE. BBUONO. HOO ROO

hi just tried sorting ronnie's eye's ok then done a facial don't know if he

looks any better ok CIAO STATTE BBUONO....Si.......Si................POZDRAWSKI SKOL

Name:	Ronnie   Wood   S.P     My Copy     FINN      B.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	85644  

Hi Sorry I started this one and then the Football came on Man City V Bathilono 1..2 but it wasn't a

Good Game and I went to Sleep afterwards come too in Time to see The Swedish Tec Wallender

when I come to and had a Coffee Remembed the sketch ok wasn'y happy with the result But

As my Dad said to me you Win Some and you lose some and I thiink I've lost this One OK

IVAYA CON DIOS HOO

Name:	Sketch   Ronnie    FINN.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	85645  

I like the refinement of Ronnie's face as the first one looked rather like granite, the next try was more like Wood.

And the sketch, not too shabby either despite your being so pooped oot after the game, innit? Concentrate harder and they'll do better. It's all in how ye stare at the screen like, all intense and Uri Gellar. Just careful to not melt the remote.

Posedrawski y ¡Vaya con pepperoni!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream