Page 928 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 42882887891892692792892993093897810281428 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,280 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Hi Rachelle another one that had been slipped in ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS HOO ROO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Not a EL   Greko      FINN.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	143.4 KB 
ID:	85616  

Hi Should be asleep ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS HOO ROO POZDRAWSKI

Name:	EL  GREKO            FINN      No  1 h.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	85621  

I like where you're heading with these Mr Ploos. Only do nay go t' sleep with candles a-burnin'. Nay lad. Could turn the whole place ta 'aggis.

Nice illumination. Nice softness on the lassie's fur trim. . . and a nice face as well.

ˇVaya con enthusiasm! Posedrawski and 23 Skidoo and a Hoo Roo to Yoo Too, Bub.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Cap'n Mac. Thanks. Rachelle showed me Rodney Pike. Who it appears does not paint or draw

Just manulips photos is this the end product for digital painting and drawing so it looks like back

To Canvas. And oil painting ok what's your comments on this as I'am. Confused regards 8+

Hi I'm Not Sure if this is a EL GREKO as can't remmber ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS POZDRAWSKI

Name:	EL  GREKO        FINN.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	85626  

Regarding Rodney Pike -- He's funny. A caricaturist. Nothing more to say about him from me as far as an evaluation on his worth or skill. It's pretty apparent that he's quite adept.

If he's entertaining, what more does one need? Is it art? On that level he is. I wouldn't compare him to Picasso or that lot in the fine ART sense in that he's not a visionary that would have started an art movement. He's got a new wrinkle on stuff that's rather commonplace. That's not to say it's without value. As an entertainer, he rocks. I was thoroughly entertained looking at a Google search I did. And that's a category that doesn't really call for comparison with FINE ART. He is a product of his time though, without doubt. So maybe he's more like an Andy Worhol with a sense of humor -- reflective of his cultural surroundings and mirroring back that essence.

Technique wise, it's clever and a synthesis of lots of the mechanical devices we have available.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

HI CAP'N MAC yes he's good but that was not the queston what I asked is what he's doing

Will open the Flood gates to those with high tec Knowledge so we will see landscapes

Vase's of flower's bowl's of fruit PLUS My queston was is this the end of Digital Painting

as such ??? ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS AND Manipulation

Name:	EL    GREKO      Starter   no1 x.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	85630  

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    HI CAP'N MAC yes he's good but that was not the queston what I asked is what he's doing

Will open the Flood gates to those with high tec Knowledge so we will see landscapes

Vase's of flower's bowl's of fruit PLUS My queston was is this the end of Digital Painting

as such ??? ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS AND Manipulation
    Heck if I know. I don't particularly think that people will only want to see tight paintings where it's photo manipulation. That's merely one flavor that if you happen to like it you will go to it again and again. But not everybody likes it as much. Like chocolate. If everything was chocolate, we would soon get bored, and if you were allergic to it, you would definitely be exploring new directions.

If things are always defined to the 'Nth' degree, where is there room for the viewer to participate? Like having someone chew your food for you. It's well and good a couple times and then once you learn their gimmick and what to expect, it's not as interesting as if there's a component of surprise and mystery both for the viewer and the artist.

I think the question is less about technique and more about voice. You can have a superlative technique and that will appeal to many who would also be quite satisfied with a very good photo. In those cases I don't think it matters about the death of this and that direction.

It's also the artist's choice what vehicle presents his ideas best and what is the reason for creating their pictures. They may want to be super clear as a way of communication. In which case, the quickest, least ambiguous approach may be the best way to go. If they can't draw, but they have a way to use clip art or a machine do it, it may be the only way they can get said what they want to say, short of hiring someone who can.

And maybe they don't really care about the art potential of it but want to send out a fancy flier to their friends to come to their party. And if it communicates that and has a little component of humor or whatever, that's as far as they want to take it, and it's served their purpose.

I always like watching someone skilled do something if they run the risk of failure. It adds a level of awe. Can he do it? If you're like me, then you want to learn the trick and get that good so as to make others experience what I did when I saw that performance. I'm also thinking of sport. You want to get better by learning their chops because they're that much better. And that's another reason why people do things -- to excel.

Similar to telling a joke over drinks compared with forwarding an email with cartoons in it. - Both make you smile, and the latter suffices short of being able to hang out and experience the life that goes with telling a joke and seeing people laugh. And then they tell one and so on. Email jokes have not killed telling jokes.

By that standard, what's going to happen to photo manipulation when we have ways of animating and putting in your voice like Fraiser-Paice and his sheep cartoon. He's using painting but it's different. Can you do that with photos? Sure. But it has a different feel. Sometimes that matters and sometimes not. If you like to paint the old fashioned way, do it! If you prefer a different way, do that. A walk in the woods vs a ride on a bus. Each has it's place.
    Last edited by D Akey; 02-23-2015 at 03:15 PM.

HI Cap'n Mac Thanke But I'm Not Convinced ok as wev'e only just entered the high Tec

World I shudder to think what will happen in say fifty years time maybe the Sience Fiction writers

Got it Right as look as if that the way its going But I will Be feeding the Daiys Ok

CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS ............POZDAWSKI ............HOO ROO

Name:	EL    PRESIDENTI       My  Copy     Of   R  .PIKE'S       FINN.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	145.0 KB 
ID:	85631  

You may well be right Mr Ploos. Could be that we're painting in the air with lights and maybe right on the retina. Maybe they will have all the experiences of the world on a satellite like the Cloud and be able to download the full sense of the experience. And then we forget about physical bodies and have nothing but straight consciousness. Heck if I know. But it's fun to speculate.

Meanwhile we create what's immediately in front of us. As to who will be around or not. . . never mine to say but a lot of that stuff may well be the world of our great great grandchildren.

You know what's a bit of a trip to contemplate, some of those cave paintings were better than most of the stuff we see. I wonder what they thought of as they painted and whether they knew just how great those paintings were. I think their concerns were more about the success of the next hunt though.