Page 431 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 3313814214294304314324334414815319311431 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

hi Yes I'm still here Mac Thanks You Haggis basher I Did think any moment now the Pipes will start playing but I was with Johannes and he said keep at the painting

as you've already made to many cock-ups so bash on get it fin it will be ok at 20 pace's .

my Thanks Katie Katie Coops, Pat, mairzie ,grayflo, jean, and to all who come and Viewed thanks sorry there is so much rubbish but I do keep on trying

,,,,,,,,,,,,SLAINTE.......STATTE BBONE Si Si to everbody
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Artist in his Studio  Johannes  Vermeer    (  FIN  ).jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	198.9 KB 
ID:	72581  

Nice one Eighty. Now you are painting a painting of a painting painted by someone who was painting a painter painting! Hahahaha!

Interesting concept eighty which leads me to a question,who started painting first ?
    Geoff

Hahahah. Foonay comments.

I think it's blocked in really nicely. You nailed the composition and they look like they should. I recognize the painting of the painting of the painter of the. . . wait a sec. . . painting the painter's pain thing. . .

yet you make it look so effortless, so pain-less. . . thus making it a _ting of a _ter _tinging a _ter _tinging a _ter in a _ting. . . or zum ting like zat zere, ye know, eh?

Good on ye, mate. Hope ye 'ad yer 'aggis on Robert Burns Night yesterday! Tha MacPherson in me was busy uncloggin' tha pipes last night as they backed oop again. . . Something moost ha' been lost in translation there, cause it weren't no thing o' pride. . . a wee bit more doon an' dirty for thems what left home a coupla generations back. . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Mac I layed Low yestuday as you know they might have bashed me over the head wit their cudgels and then frew me in stocks mind you a bit of fruit allways goes down

.......well as long its not to ripe just done another one of Johannes but i lockd the door cos if he saw it he would have a fit coulldn't tell him its only a quick smash

as he's so pricise, Jesus I've just noticed he's done a mirrow image in the window panes the bugger so it looks like a lot of work to sort out

........and heads to you too ............SLAINTE STATTE BBONE si si

Name:	.....Girl  Reading a Letter   .....Johannes  Vermeer     STARTER'S     no1.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	72600  

Hellooooooooooooooo dear Eighty glad to see you up and around again. Great paintings, boy you are sooo clever with the details. By the way look in After 9 hehehe.
    Stay fit and well dear friend
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Hey Hey Hey Katie Katie Coops you mad Thing showing in the afternines what will your Mum say like your colours in the last one they always look so fresh sparkly

and fresh not like mine was pleased I went up cos I saw Copespeaks drawings very good warmed the cockles of my heart ........SLAINTE

Name:	.....Girl  Reading a Letter   .....Johannes  Vermeer    (  FIN  ).jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	72626  

Hi tried a pencil sketch ok Qian Xuan

Name:	.....Qian    Xuan.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	72634  

Nice reflection in the window, Mr Ploos. Was well worth it. Adds so much.

Did you manage to watch that video on Youtube from David Hockney that SteveB posted the link to in another thread (link copied below in this post), in which Hockney argues his suspicion that the old masters used 'projecting' or tracing for their highly detailed images using various optical and lens devices?

This Flemmish crowd used it apparently and your work reminds me of it since he referred to these paintings you just did. It seems also that bright lighting had a part to play in many of them as with the lady at the window you did. Nice stuff. Interesting documentary.

Anyway you're doing very well indeed! And I also like the Western missionary and the Chinese admiring each others costumes. Nice shot at painting that kind of atmospheric brushwork from China.

Anyway, here's the link to Hockney's documentary if you like (Cheers SteveB):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JKbFZIpNK10
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quite recently I visited an exhibition of Vermeer and other Dutch masters here in Rome and I must sy that You're on the way to soon become a great Dutch painter too!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!