Page 419 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 3193694094174184194204214294695199191419 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

The PROMS Ho Ho Ho SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	.............The   Concert        Hendrick  ter   Brugghen       STARTER'S    No       2.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	182.4 KB 
ID:	71920  

ho ho ho la tour de France ......... AL numero uno go man go vous avez la chance

Name:	Al.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	203.8 KB 
ID:	71931  

Well then, Mr Ploos, hope ye got some some time ta kick back and let your eyes rest a bit and let someone else do the painting for a wee spell so ye can just watch some really interesting stuff.

This is a very cool time lapse on a couple side by side paintings from start to finish. Reminds me of me old days somewhat. I definitely have to get into portrait painting again. Sit back and watch the magic unfold. Definitely something to learn from this. And if you want to grab for yourself the images to practice, it's right there for ya to look at as you do your copy. Swashy style showing it going from blocking it in loosely and building it up. Remember to keep your paint not thick at the beginning and build up to thick finishing touches otherwise it could be a fight with the materials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTTXr4RLRe4

And then a documentary on your ol' mucker, Rembrandt. . . Actually very interesting about the career artist and man and not a how-to on painting. Yet it's really fascinating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ8Wdo4LCHM

Have fun with the time machine in 2013, mate! Happy New Years!!!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

........Hi Mac Yes I'm definatly becoming a Bat many thanks for the info I'LL have a look in a min Ok yeah got to sort out the drive unit looks a rebuild as its been standing

for about 20 years with luck I'll get it going again as would like to go and see my old friends at ZZIM they treated me well plus they are the only people I met on my travels

and their right on the edge of what we call our Solar System ok Mac happy new Year and watch out for the Margi a dodgy Lot

mac

Name:	.............The   Concert        Hendrick  ter   Brugghen       (     FIN   ).jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	186.1 KB 
ID:	71938  

Hi STARTER'S Rembrandt No 1 SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si

Name:	............The  Risen  Christ  at  Emmaus        Rembrandt  van  Rijn   STARTER'S     No 1.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	71947  

.............no Mavis I don't care two shits about Einsteins theory of Relativty Ive got a spot on my Nose

Name:	ow my gawd. Mavis a spot. on my nose.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	71964  

The first joke of 2013!!!!!!!! And it's a corker, Mavis! HAHAHAHAHA.

I wonder what it portends for the rest of the year!

Now that you're doing layers, when you start a new painting I would recommend that on a separate layer you put some black or burnt umber paint that establishes your full value range. You can toggle it on and off as needed, or you can use it. This example painting is all about the lighting, and to show lighting you want to establish your dark and light pattern and then start working in the details and polishing it up. Your dark to light is really what these kinds of paintings are all about -- the lighting. So you may want to build lights off a darker base, at least where the darks exist. It will give it more punch.

http://www.google.com/search?num=10&....1.IGTDQOGmksI
    Last edited by D Akey; 01-02-2013 at 06:11 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hey Hey Hey Mac I must have a ring threw my nose as you keep trying to yank me off to fresh pastures, when I said I'm understanding Layer's I was being big headed

as realy i'm still like a blind Bat and they frighten me to deaf as i always make a cockup so until I've finished the Flemish Mob, and the hand you've dealt me don't look to bad

so I'll Stick ok how much is in the kitty I liked that chap painting the 2 heads only trouble is it makes me feel like going Trad yuk yuk don't think I

could stand the paint in my beard ok will look at the new 1 in a min the rembrandt 1 it packed up on me ?????? ok SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si

Name:	........The  Risen  Christ  at Emmaus    Rembrandt  van  Rijn   .......(  FIN  ).jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	71967  

Hi there dear Eighty hope you are well. Love the painting with the man playing the flute. You are so clever at these. Stay fit and well dear friend
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Hi katie Katie Coops Sorry I'm Late been out gallivatin Around good to know your ok looks like a heavy frost tonight

so keep well wrapped up in the morning, and watch out for ice ok, look after yourself SLAINTE