Page 287 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 1872372772852862872882892973373877871287 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Howdy, Mr Ploos.

We're ambitious these days, eh? Like yer oot on tha moors. . . moor o this and tha' in yer paintin's.

Your theme of "more" seems to have begun in the garden. More trimming and clearing. Then it carried over into your choice of paintings.

When you're having a time with keeping your details sorted as you mention with your folds, if you're not wanting to rely on tracing, you can consider an overlay grid. You put a grid over the source pic, and then a grid over your painting and you thus break it down into what is happening in each square. It's like cutting your food rather than trying to swallow a chicken whole.

But while using a grid goes back to the times around the Renaissance, at that long ago time, competing artists would call that cheating much the same as those artists not wanting to use the tracing feature, or the computer itself might. Nowadays using a grid would be considered old school. And it has its uses.

It means a small original photo can be blown up to a mural size for the side of a high rise building for example. But it can be any size. It just makes it possible to do whether going from a 5 x 7" pic to 15 x 21" canvas or 20 x 28 feet wall from the same little pic. Projectors can also be used in the real world to accomplish much of that scale changing. Illustrators used to use projectors where they would project several images onto a canvas for montages like for paperback jackets etc. They could do it freehand, but it took longer.

Personally, I have no problems with tracing which is the easiest. One still has challenges of looking at the model and translating that into the painting.

But it's a great exercise to do it freehand. Make your eyes cross in some cases, but it's a great way to train your hand-eye coordination.

Enjoying your work. I was impressed with your industry. And your getting good results, oh aye. That ye are, lad.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Mac yeah I know what you mean but I like the drawing bit even when making a cock-up plus I'm to old to change

anyway just done the pink girl for exercise ok
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pink   girl.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	66979  

hi eighty+, just peeking over that chinese wall and looking in on you
    xiěyì, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Quote Originally Posted by chinapete View Post
    hi eighty+, just peeking over that chinese wall and looking in on you
    Peeking? At least you're not beiging. Too much of that color about. All the stucco walls here in Southern California are quite beige.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi there dear Eighty, hope all is well with you.
    You really have been busy and boy are your latest one great. You show such confidence in your strokes
    Syat well dear friend and think of me whilst I am working hehehe
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

"Peeking? At least you're not beiging" ... hahahaha, I never knew if that was one city or two, but it helps to have a map in color ....
    Artrage Gallery

Hi Katie Katie Coops yuk yuk where 's the Bull did you enjoy being back at work

HI Mac I've just cotten on you and your bejing

HEY Pete here's the frog pond thought u might want to come tomorrow bring a jamjar tie a bit of string round the neck so u can carry it ok my mum give's

me 2 slice's of bread with dripping on and u will want a bottle of water and some of those lemonade tablets get your mum to make u something to eat as well

OK its not far about 2 miles over the hill we should get a lot of frog spawn we can take our boots off bung the socks in em the water will only come up to yuh

knees so yuh shorts want get wet ok see yuh about nine up my house ok
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Belloti   STARTER'S   no 2       fin.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	181.9 KB 
ID:	66986   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Painting Title_004.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	66984  

hahahaha, eighty+, I think you're pulling my frogs legs
    but ok see you at nine
    taking the eye pad, an eye pad for a lily pad I always say ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Artrage Gallery

Dear mate, I'm in awe in front of Your flexible and still very personal genius, able to revive so many masters and styles Your own way. You got great to re-visit anyone and to re-elaborate anything: portraits, drawings, landscapes, draped figures and architectures ... You would deserve more than a golden medal now, an artist laurel wreath! (which is cheaper too, by the way)
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Dear mate, I'm in awe in front of Your flexible and still very personal genius, able to revive so many masters and styles Your own way. You got great to re-visit anyone and to re-elaborate anything: portraits, drawings, landscapes, draped figures and architectures ... You would deserve more than a golden medal now, an artist laurel wreath! (which is cheaper too, by the way)
    Hail O Caesar O Mighty One. Yuk. Yuk yuk. Yeah only wanted to put in about the. Wreath ....

Being cheaper as we have to think like that Nowerdays. Looks like we've got to wait till

The poor. Get poorer before the money Baron's let us of the hook. As. They say to hell with

The proles. Just got to think of the .....profits. ................SLAINTE. Thanks