Page 280 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 1802302702782792802812822903303807801280 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

hi change of face Hoss STARTERS ok.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fichin     24    STARTERS.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	66792  

Actually Greek guards have lovely plissé minis in my view and You're certainly right if kilt defines a blanket wrapped as a skirt
    Great new additions again. The horse though looks so skinny and underfed that it must be Don Quixote's one!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hail O Caesar O mighty One. Don't get big headed. coss Juve are Champs About. The Hoss

Don't. Worry as they are fattening him up so he's ready for the French market Maybe the

Italien one as well Ok.

Rembrandt's self-portrait is a rather telling choice. I remembered this painting from having seen it and vaguely recollected it was one of his self-portraits. So as I did a quick search to confirm, not only found that it was, but the description on this website said he painted the folks around him as models and captured the emotion and personality.

Sounds like what you've been up to as well. . . aside from the religious nature of some of his paintings, you could argue that Rembrandt knew his sitters in the Biblical sense. But that merely confuses the issue.

What I mean to say is that you, lad made an apt choice, intentional or not, because you excel at featuring the personality of the people you sketch up on your bus excursions as well as copied study paintings. You feature that quality. And besides you doing direct self-portraits on occasion, you are not above expressing wit through symbolic double meanings. Doesn't matter whether it's always conscious or not. But because of the regular stream of pictures, I can occasionally see your thinking through choice of pictures or sitters. You're quite articulate you are.

"Rembrandt wanderin' the Halls." Very witty. Franz Halls that is. . . .

Anyway, when you click the link below, the first pic you come to is this one you just painted prior to the other self-portrait -- the bearded ol' work horse. . . or war horse. Hahahah. Very clever.

But when you click the link, read that bit to the right of the pic. It describes what you're about as I mentioned. Syncronicity, sez I, to have come upon a description of yourself in part. What he went after in a portrait is what you come by most naturally -- the emotion and character of the sitter.

Cheers, mate.

http://www.nga.gov/exhibitions/2005/...ash/index.shtm
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Afternoon dear Eighty, hope all is well with you and love the tired old horse, I feel like it looks after being in the garden. Its clouded ovedr now so back indoors. Have a great day my friend
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Good morning 80

I am still happy and with big smiles.

Best Denny

Hi Mac yeah Rembrandt as St Paul he loved playing the biblical scene any excuse for a self portrait he must have been quite a joker
    I checked the link but no joy mindyou I'm still with the russian guy thanks to you as your good with the computer can u find a series by
    Picasso drawing's not painting's of minator?? (bull)....not bull fights I did do one as Ivan was alway's bringing stuff for me to copy but
    can't remember much apart from a bloody great bull's head all done in fine lines have tried to find but all they want to show is painting's
    ok Mac thanks

Afternoon Katie Katie Coops Well you can't complain at least you've seen the Sun still cold and raining here Poor old Dobbin's
    He's getting a lot stick today all he want's is a quiet life and some nice fresh juicey grass Don't we all

Hi Den What can I Say, well good afternoon keep smiling and laughing , it make's life a lot easy'er Yeah

Here's what I got Mr Ploos. . .

Just did Google and then selected Images

and typed in Picasso Bull and this is the what come chargin' at me all Pamplona Running of the Bulls on acid hahaha:

(at any rate see if it's not among these)

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isc....0.Qj6tUicrJHc
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Thank you Sandra but e don't look a bit like Clint

How about this bloke ?? is e more your Style .................SLAINTE
    Haha E+, doesn't carry flowers I can tell that, but I am sure he can carry that 44 magnum.
    Another wow, great portrait.

Also, please tell me you are feeding the horse.