Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob Row's thread. Updated pg.15: 20 years in 3 minutes

Now, three B&W with my new favorite drawing tool: Felt at 60% pression, 100% softness, 0% wetness on any rough paper texture. Plus other textures with chalk and crayon and a bit of grey airbrush and glitter.

1) Wafa Sultan, an exiled Syrian woman against Islam dangerous ideology (according her).
    2) Nobel laureate writer Vargas Llosa and Perú's president Alan García about later years economic success, despite they doesn't like each other.
    3) An article remarks Argentine president's achievement's while her opposition looks at our neighbors' presidents with envy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wafa_Sultan.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	49442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vargas_Garcia.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	49443   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cris_Piñ_Lu_Muj.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	164.5 KB 
ID:	49444  
    Nulla die sine linea
    http://bobrow.wordpress.com

Dear Bob, These B&W vignettes show the great confidence and mastery You've got. Synthesis, likeness and psychological insight!

I'm also grateful for this use of the felt pen indications!

Thank You for Your consolationa about Italy. I probably feel frustration like Oriane for the differential between possibilities and actual situation based on the selection and career system of too many of our leaders, especially the political ones and those substantially depending by them, on their turn unable to resiste unappropriate pressures.
    I know what we were for so long, alas, and one more reason of sorrow. I do have faith and hope, but I couldn't help from bittely complaining for the fact that Italy is practically falling into a system of castes and privileges progressively increasing and paralizing our country and people opportunities. No more social dynamism, thus very similar to the decandence of Western Roman Empire ...
    It's an ancient story and fact that too many great Italians became so abroad and too many did not get the praises they deserved at home.
    In the past there were strong historical reasons for them to be both successful and to be so elsewhere; now, quite frankly, it depends much more on faults, and short-sighted, greedy and nepotistic attitudes of too many "smart" people or sharks into a poll they contribute to reduce everyday ... In these conditions we're no more able to grow and even get out in the world contributing to progress furtherly, with the main exception of great minds that, with difficulty, but still a great intellectual and ingenuousness patrimony they absorbed, are able to expatriate ...
    Last edited by Caesar; 10-20-2010 at 09:28 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Bob Row,
    What talent to have the ability to poignantly express with only black and
    white ... dramatic and to the point. These updated illustrations carry
    the intent with excellent artistry, imagination and an acute awareness of
    world events.
    Mairzie Dotes

Marzie: Always so generous. Thank you.

Caesar: Thank you for your commentary. It's very interesting when you complaint about the end of social dynamics and developing of a "castes" system. My generation was an avid consumer of Italian movies in the sixties and seventies (Monicelli, Scola, Fellini and so many more). Suddenly, it all disappeared in the nineties, which gave me a bad feeling about what was going on. OK, it wasn't just Italy bud the whole "End of History" triumphalism and the banal enthronement of richness as prove of success.

We, Argentinean grandchildren of poor immigrants, became more enthusiastic than anybody else. By 2001 the country went broke; industries and bank closed; millions lost jobs and savings. We even retorted to the exchange of goods and professional services (eg. dentist work for cakes or whatever). From 2003 onwards, we recovered steadily (after a brutal 300% devaluation of the Peso), thanks to a rise in commodities prices, government savings (taxes) and subsidies (the horror of economic orthodoxy).

Now, the developed countries are in crisis as we where before them. Perhaps it's time to tear down the golden calf and set a limit to personal wealth of executives (press moguls between them) and give the due place to the State in the social solidarity redistribution.
    Nulla die sine linea

Do not know any one of them.... but the drawings are gems... very good, witty and make me chuckle Outstanding job, Bob.

Mixing felt pen and warercolors

I can't believe I didn't post in so much time. so, here's a sample of my latest work. My regards to all the bunch.

1) Obama's trip to Brazil
    2) Three great Jewish philosophers and a rabbi who supports "zero tolerance" laws against the youngsters.
    3) Assange
    4) How intellectuals related to dictators.
    5) A Belorussian in exile warns cyber-activists: despots use the Web 2.0 too.

(Not sure about the order of uploads; well, you'll see)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Assange.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	54730  
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Nulla die sine linea

Dear Bob, as usual Your caricatures are both funny and masterful, insightful and culturally stimulating, thus most of them seem to take a sort of neverending value.
    Very smart the idea of a leakage from Assange nose, maybe they are making him cry by treating him like Osama Bin Laden, most likely because quite a number of US government people all over the world resulted to be sort of amateurs in their analysis and security systems so as to give a very embarassing ideaof their effectiveness.
    I also had much laugh looking at President Obama landing in Brazil and wearing what some of his professional advisor thought to be the proper attire for the period under the disappointed look of Madame the President!
    Last edited by Caesar; 04-13-2011 at 08:31 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

these are good. the expressions, the gestures, the treatment, all very nicely done...
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Bob Row,
    Wonderful charicatures ... exceptional artistry here! You are a true
    talent no matter the medium.
    Mairzie Dotes

As always expertly painted
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307