Hi,

First off, I hope that my discourse did not offend anyone! I don't wish to be viewed as an in your face "expert" by anyone here. I do have to say that participating in other forums and making contacts with individuals who are way more knowledgeable than me about color and color printing had helped me get the kind of prints from my art that I want. If what I wrote about encourages anybody to explore the world of color - using it and printing with it.... I feel that I have returned the favors others have given me.

Rose, you raise a good point.... about the Winsor Newton color palette I sent it to Karen Boneker after the John Derry Web broadcast. My experience was that the Winsor Newton color palette, for the most part, was not out of gamut when printed. I got some fabulous prints using the WN color palette with Hanehmule (sp?) fine art paper or Epson Watercolor Paper.

Well, having a digital print with a water color look, I would never try an add more watercolor to it. Well, actually, I never have tried that, but my guess is that the pigments of the ink would not mesh well with real WN pigments. Hmmmmm.... maybe something to try.

Ok, this was shorter this time.... give me a high five for that. LOL

Jim