Page 50 of 79 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron's ArtRage Explorations

very nice byron... these seem well organized and pleasing to the eye and spirit... your work seems to have made its own warp speed adjustment into a new realm..

Thanks guys.
    Much appreciated.
    And I hope everyone has had good holidays so far, and will prosper in the New Year.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

Very cool to see your work again. A beauty how you transform the colors in an abstract tangle of details. A treat for the eyes.

Thanks Oriane. You're ever the encouraging friend. I hope to get more uploaded soon. Thanks again.

Starting to Post My AR4 Tests from the Beta

Goodness! I haven't posted since Dec 17 (2012). Where does the time go? One place it went for me; I had the good fortune to participate in the recent AR4 beta. Of course in Betas you just try all kinds of stuff trying to find stuff that ain't working like it's supposed too. When you do that you sometimes just try wild things. Some of those wild things can come out pretty interesting even if they aren't all that great shakes as paintings (maybe?). One of the fun new tools in AR4 is the symmetry tool and its endless uses and fun paths. I spent a lot of time testing it. Over the next week or so I'll post a lot of these tests, just for the fun of it. Maybe it will give people ideas. Following are five. Two of them use Sav's (Boxy's) new Mosaic brushes to build the paintings. Two are variations on the same exercise, and the fifth is heavily layered with tube paint. They are more designs than paintings. I hope you like 'em anyway, and that they will illustrate some of the opportunities afforded with the Symmetry tool. I'll post more in a few days, along with tests of other new tools and features in the new AR4. I LOVE the new version. Really elegant, terrific speed improvements, some wonderful new tools, and great enhancements to several old ones, an engaging and efficient alternate "workbench" interface while retaining the old but wisely tweaked interface (they integrate well together) and just general all around great touches that elevate the program substantially. LOVE IT. Anyway, here are five Symmetry Tool exercises. I hope you enjoy them.
    As usual, these are built to be viewed large size and seen wth a little distance - you may want to view full screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0274 Sav's Mosaic Brush Symmetry-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	484.6 KB 
ID:	73402   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0279 Looking for Symmetry Crash A-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	482.9 KB 
ID:	73403   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0279 Looking for Symmetry Crash B-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	485.2 KB 
ID:	73404   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2086 Wild Symmetry Tube Paint-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	477.7 KB 
ID:	73405   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2089 Symmetry Mosaic con Sav-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	477.7 KB 
ID:	73406  

Last edited by byroncallas; 02-21-2013 at 11:18 PM.

love to see you posting work again Byron. I was especially fond of wild symmetry tube paint.

Absolutely stunning Byron
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

WOW, Dear friend. Fantastic images, all smartly elaborated from your mind and finelly executed. Brilliant.

Lima, Katie, Albert: Thanks. These were fun. I'll post a few more of these Symmetry Tests before posting more of the AR4other Beta squiggles, maybe tomorrow. Thanks a lot for stopping by and commenting.

Byron, You went symmetric in the most outstanding way. Your last artpieces seem about to leave the Flatlandian frame and get the third dimension by entering in our universe.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!