Page 148 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1559

Thread: Moara - Coops

Congratulations Mr Akey. You have been an exceptional contributor over your 20,000 posts ... always kind and encouraging.

May you have many more to come! xxx

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Hahahahahaha! ROFLMFAO. . . Yeah, but I'm afraid with all of this hot air that I keep spewing, that rather than blowing the candles out, I'll make a bonfire. Either way, the wax in those candles will vaporize!

While you are the one who made it to 20,000 posts first and my hat is off to you for that – – sort of like the pot calling the kettle black as to the amount of hot air one has expended. Between us both, the hallowed halls of the art rage forums are like a blast furnace where it becomes more about metallurgy than aesthetics.

You've pretty much been here for the full nine years that I have, and I've been watching the devotion you've been giving to art all his time. I remember that you started out trying to emulate the old Masters, painting scenes of Jesus on the cross and what have you, which was just fine, but it was doing things in the manner of other artists. Since then you've come a long way and you put your own voice into all of the things that you do, and it makes for some of the most entertaining artwork we've seen around here, consistently bringing a friendly quality, and a conversational quality and the light heart to the art process. It's a very welcome quality without a doubt, and one that breaks down all the barriers between people because it's so open and honest and lighthearted.

Anyway I cannot take any congratulations for putting energy into the forms anymore than you have, so my congratulations go to you and my thanks as well. You're a wonderful presence and I seek out your work whenever I come to visit, because I know the posts will be brimming with your personality and a good chuckle, and something interesting on whichever level you address at that moment.

I'll see you in the trenches, as they say. stay well my friend.
    HahahaLOL thank You my friend and veteran mate! I must honestly admit it: You always blessed this Forum with You expertise, knowledge and genius, as anyone recognizes it, I sort of infested, overrun, haunted it in many cases, often happily breaching some rules and conventions for sheer fun and feeling sharing with so many many people from so many places in so many years .... sheeesshhh, just to discover that everybody eventually like to enjoy and share the kiddish, joyful, amusing, curious mood of child, not a wise, polite one though, often a disrupting or even naughty one, but always a friendly kind of sprite to anyone I hope. In doing so I felt I met at a deeper level of knowledge and empathy all kind of wondrous people among mates and earning the friendship of a lot of ladies and gentlemen I admired and admire and I grew affectionate to. Well, the art muses may probably forgive me for my repeated desecretion of fine arts, as You all likely did ... LONG LIVE D AKEYYYYY!!!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Lima View Post
    I miss the forums… the reason for my absence is that I’m experiencing a gradual and severe loss of my vision, specially from my left eye. I can not tolerate the constant luminosity of the screen through the glass lenses , even for very short periods of time (but I still can slowly paint under natural light)
    Dearest Oriane, what I read about Your vision is so aching for me and such a grotesque fate irony! You are such a great, real artist I always admired in awe on this forum, such an unattainable painter whatever you did and such a kind, warm, great friend I am honoured to have, that I find almost unacceptable what happened to You, although You showed that Your wisdom may cope with the limitations You are suffering now. I wish You all the best even against any hope. Should any progress and technology solve your problem, there's hardly anyone who deserves more than You to benefit from it! Take care buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Congratulations Mr Akey. You have been an exceptional contributor over your 20,000 posts ... always kind and encouraging.

May you have many more to come! xxx
    AAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COPESPEAK!!!!!!! So great seeing you back! Kill the fatted calf. . . or milk her, at the very least!!!!!!! (I hear you have an 'in' with the milk crowd so that could work). . .

How the deuce you doing?

Thanks so much for your note. Things just aren't the same without you. Hope the animals are doing well, and that your health issues are sorting themselves and that you're painting up a stork. . . or storm or something creative. Mr Ploos was just now asking after you. Called you "The Aussie Bird Robin", 'e done.

Be well, and stop round again sooner than later.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi back, and thanks for the welcome!

Health is crap, and I'm a bit disabled, but working through it for the much needed diagnosis.

I've been working on paper and canvas, and have had a lot of commissions to do (see below). I miss Art Rage, but it's nice to get my hands dirty for a change.

I'll be back!

Attachment 86031

Attachment 86032

Hi Robbie Great to see you hope your feelng better ok HOO ROO IVAYA CON DIOS

Thanks Eighty! Glad you're OK. I've missed you.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Holy mackerel! Robert S Wade! as I live and breathe! How the heck you doing, my man? you still got an amazing, graceful way with words I daresay. So where the heck you been? Have you been doing art? I really thought you were going to give it a go and I hope you have regardless of where you are doing it. That time in the early days of the forms when you were such a big presence was an amazing period. It was so dynamic.… And you are getting so darn good. I hope you stuck with it. And I hope you learned a little moderation with your cayenne pepper!!! I remember when you put one recipe up online here and the amount of cayenne pepper you suggested was enough to remove paint from furniture. Phew!

Well I hope we see you around a lot more, even if it's just to say howdy. Hope you've kept up with playing the drums as well. I've been spending some time with a guitar and loving every second of it, even though I don't subject other people to my playing. Still it's a gas! Be well my friend. And thanks for the kind words!
    I'm out in the aether, DA. I'm not currently active at doing art but it's never far from my mind. I'm slowly restocking my Etsy.com store with old works and, I know, I need to get back to creating new works. Something happened to me and I hit some sort of wall that I can't explain even to myself. I'm pretty sure it's something that I have to behave myself out of but, that's easier said than done.

On the rare occasions (I'm sorry) that I do check in here, I am continuously proud of the supportive and nurturing nature of this community. I would like to think that I, in some small part, had a hand in that but, I know, that I was but a small part of a greater community effort to make this place so exceptionally accepting in ways that transcended every possible level of judgmentalism.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertSWade View Post
    I'm out in the aether, DA. I'm not currently active at doing art but it's never far from my mind. I'm slowly restocking my Etsy.com store with old works and, I know, I need to get back to creating new works. Something happened to me and I hit some sort of wall that I can't explain even to myself. I'm pretty sure it's something that I have to behave myself out of but, that's easier said than done.

On the rare occasions (I'm sorry) that I do check in here, I am continuously proud of the supportive and nurturing nature of this community. I would like to think that I, in some small part, had a hand in that but, I know, that I was but a small part of a greater community effort to make this place so exceptionally accepting in ways that transcended every possible level of judgmentalism.
    My Goodness, mylord Bob Wade! Another one of the benign spiritual entity creating the original Artrage Forum World resurfacing here and even doubting to have been a great part in shaping this Forum into an encouraging, supportive, friendly, warm and experiment devout community! Dear Bob You can be sure Your image is among the sacred icons I keep in mind and stored in the form of my few idolaters attempts to portray Your seraphic and empathetic features. Actually the only AR deity I didn't try to represent is exactly D Akey, who is probably to handsome to stand visually or too terrible (and, like Medusa, would petrify (?) who looks at him) or just like the shape-changing Proteus ...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Hi back, and thanks for the welcome!

Health is crap, and I'm a bit disabled, but working through it for the much needed diagnosis.

I've been working on paper and canvas, and have had a lot of commissions to do (see below). I miss Art Rage, but it's nice to get my hands dirty for a change.

I'll be back!
    Dear Robyn, I'm desolate to hear of Your semi-mysterous health problem and I wish I could do something, a search for similar experiences from other or looking into medical literature. I'm not a doctor though, even if sometimes I've been even effective to frame the symptoms and their aetiology.
    Your artpieces don't show any defallaince anyway, on the contrary. Your horseheads are a master course on the subject!
    I heartfeltly wish You a correct diagnosis soon, a most effective treatment, a prompt recovery and all the best.

Cesare